Barry D. Irwin, Our Founding Partner
After gaining invaluable experience with a large Dallas legal practice, Barry D. Irwin founded his own law firm in commercial real estate law on January 2, 2001. The following is information on his career, education, and involvement in professional and community organizations.
Barry’s commercial real estate law practice has involved acquisitions, dispositions, development, leasing and financing, while representing buyers, sellers, borrowers, lenders, landlords and tenants. Assets in these transactions have included multifamily, office, land, and industrial properties.
He also has represented 1031 buyers and sellers in the context of triple net lease transactions for almost 20 years. Small business entrepreneurs have retained Barry for his assistance in forming their new business entities, and reviewing and negotiating loan documents and real estate leases.
Barry graduated near the top of his class at Baylor Law School, served as an editor of the Baylor Law Review and received the Award for Excellence for his work on Baylor’s prestigious Mock Trial Team. Prior to founding Irwin Law Firm in 2001, he worked with the large Dallas-based law firm of Strasburger & Price, LLP and other Dallas-based firms.
Education and Professional Affiliations
- J.D., Summa Cum Laude, Baylor University School of Law, 1990
- B.B.A. in Financial Planning and Real Estate, with Honors, Baylor University, 1987
- State Bar of Texas
- Real Estate and Probate Section of State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- TREC MCE Certified Instructor
- Member, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- 2015 Chairman of the Board, Coppell Chamber of Commerce
- Director, Coppell Chamber of Commerce
- Executive Committee, Coppell Chamber of Commerce
- Director, Coppell Community Development Foundation
- Member of Gateway Church
- Angel Tree Participant
- Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Charity Events
Contact us to speak with attorney Barry D. Irwin.